Tracks won't disappear

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
katchoo

Tracks won't disappear

Post by katchoo »

I went to 'options->additional options' and set "Hide locations older than (hours):48"
But the older tracks are still visable.
Please advise.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Tracks won't disappear

Post by admin »

Hi,
Please reset this option and use the "Track length limit" in the tracker settings instead.
katchoo

Post by katchoo »

thx - that did it.
But I used Maximum track age : 48
jaywalker

Post by jaywalker »

Hi
I have the same problem. Xperia U GB. I still see the old tracks from my friend even though I put 1 hr or less to max track lenght or age (none of these worked) and I deleted track from site in my account. Restart the phone, useless. Tracks are still there. Only if I uncheck display auto track in website they dissapear, but only for website, on mobile they are still there. What else should I try? Should I modify the settings from my friend phone? I deleted the data track from his account too, but didn't work.

Off topic: in Messages, where are the messages posted in website for viewers? I posted by mistake there but I can't figure it out where they are, where or how can I see those messages.
Thank you.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Probably you configured max track length of your own track but not of your friends' tracks. Please open the "Track Length Limit" settings again and select track type "My Friends' tracks displayed to me".

Messages sent to "website viewers" will popup on the web portal map, i.e. if somebody views your map for example using your guest url the message will popup on the map displayed to him/her.
jaywalker

Post by jaywalker »

Now it's ok, I don't know what I did actually, changing some settings...but I'll keep your advise in mind for further issues. Thank you for your reply, good app.