Blue Track Keeps Disappearing

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
dungbeetle

Blue Track Keeps Disappearing

Post by dungbeetle »

Hi

I'm having a problem with blue tracks disappearing on the web site.

When I log in and start tracking, the blue line appears, however after a few minutes it disappears. The only fix for this is to go into the side menu and deselect and then reselect the"Display auto tracks" box. When I do this, the complete blue track reappears until a few minutes later when it goes again, and I have to repeat the untick/retick process to fix it again.

I have the user track leingth set to maximum, so I can't figure out why this keeps happening.

Thanks for any help.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Blue Track Keeps Disappearing

Post by admin »

Hi,
does the complete blue track disappear or only a part of it? Please note that the map shows only the last 1000 trackpoints by default.
dungbeetle

Post by dungbeetle »

It's the complete blue track, and if I uncheck and then recheck the "Display auto tracks" box it all comes back again.

I dont think the the last 1000 trackpoints is an issue, because this happens only minutes after tracking begins.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I think you still have enabled a track lenght limit filter for both you and your friends. Please recheck your settings.
dungbeetle

Post by dungbeetle »

Have just checked my friend's track leingth limit filter on their 'phone and it was set to 1 minute.

Not sure how this happened as we've been using it extensively without problems up until fairly recently - could it possibly have been reset after an update?

Have set it back to 24hrs and will see how we get on.

Thanks for the replies. I'll come back to report if this has fixed it next time we use it. :)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Actually it cannot be reset after an update. Maybe there was network problem or something like that when you updated track length limit the last time.
dungbeetle

Post by dungbeetle »

Tried it out again this morning and things seem to be back to normal now.

Thanks for your help. :)