Location not yet sent

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
jmmm

Location not yet sent

Post by jmmm »

Thanks for a great App. It worked wonderfully, for a while. I received an update and it seemed to stop working afterwards but that may be only timely speculation on my part. The GPS works and my tracks are visible on the phone but the phone does not send my location to the server.

1) The message "Location not yet sent" has been appearing for several days now.

2) It also says something at times about a bad network connection. My network connection appears fine as all other apps work.

3) It will send my location if WIFI is available.

4) I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app with no change.

EDITED with these additions:

5) Just found a simlar problem in an older post. I have T-mobile and get an http error: 504 when attepting to access greenalp.com

6) Lastly, just got off a lengthy tech call to T-Mobile with them determining the phone is okay leaving me with instructions to contact the App people.

Thanks for you help.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Location not yet sent

Post by admin »

Hi,
Thank you for your message. It is correct that several people cannot connect to my service. Actually I thought the problem is solved for T-Mobile users because some of them reported that they can connect again. Obviously it is not. I'm really very interested to solve this problem. So if you or someone other wants to help, here is my plan.

It is 100% sure that the problem is on T-Mobile side because there are many other users (using other mobile providers) having installed exact the same version, and this version works perfectly on their phones. So if T-Mobile says it was not their error they are wrong. If they think they are right they first have to explain, why the app is working with other providers but not with T-Mobile.

To solve this problem I need your support. Someone of you has to do following:
1.) Run following tests:
- Connect your phone via WLAN and open http://www.greenalp.com with your mobile browser.
- Connect your phone via T-Mobile and reload again http://www.greenalp.com with your mobile browser. If it does not work try to load http://5.35.241.68

2.) If you could load the page via WLAN but you received a 504 error via T-Mobile you have proven that the problem is not related with the app because you did not use the app but the standard Android browser. You have proven that the T-Mobile proxy server you are connected to is misconfigured.

3.) So if you could not load the page via T-Mobile you need to contact T-Mobile support. Tell them that you can load the page via WLAN and you are using the standard Android browser. So they cannot say that the problem is related with my app because you did not use my app for your test. Please insist that they explain why you cannot load the page with your browser. You are a paying T-Mobile customer so they MUST solve this.
jmmm

Post by jmmm »

Thank you for the response. The 504 error code continues with my T-mobile connection using the browser but that same browser works fine through WIFI. And using the App with WIFI the phone will locate my position and send the location, right away. I'm on the phone with T-mobile right now and they are completing a trouble ticket which will get their engineers involved and hopefully solve the problem. It may take 3 working days before I hear back after which I will share the results.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
That's great. Thank you very much for calling T-Mobile. Can't way to read the results.
jmmm

Post by jmmm »

T-mobile just called informing me that the problem was resolved on their end at ~11AM Mountain time, today. The website does come up now and the tracker updates! It was a lot of time but at least it was Success!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Congratulations, and many thanks for your work. Any clue what was the problem?

Regards,
Florian
jmmm

Post by jmmm »

You are welcome. The techie guy that relayed the info from their engineers did not offer a reason for the problem, and I did not think to ask at the time. After 2 days of use I can confirm that it is up and working using my T-mobile system.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, I see. Again many thanks for your work.