problems with Driod Incredible 4G LTE

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
mensadiva

problems with Driod Incredible 4G LTE

Post by mensadiva »

We've been using this app for over a year . Actually depending on it while I am in the middle of no where hiking, it's been very reliable. Three days ago my partner upgraded his phone from the Droid Incredible to the Droid Incredible 4G LTE. As soon as he switched and down loaded the app we've found a problem. When the app is open and current on the screen, the updates occur and we can follow each others tracks in real time. As soon as the screen times out or goes into hibernation the app stops transmitting the phones location. Seems like the app is turning itself off even though its not been turned off. Its not runnning and transmitting his location like it used to, or like mine still does,unless the app is the primary active screen. Please... Please help. We really rely on this.
admin
Site Admin

Re: problems with Driod Incredible 4G LTE

Post by admin »

Hi,
This is quite hard to solve because I have no access on your partner's phone. But at least I can have a look at the log files.
- What's the username of your partner?
- Which GPS interval is configured on your partner's phone?
- Would your partner be willing to install a custom version of the tracker which sends addional logging information to the greenalp server?
rdavis

Post by rdavis »

This is mensadiva's partner. My username is rdavis. My gps default interval is 5, interval on visitors is 5, network interval is 120. I would gladly upgrade to any version that would solve this problem. It seems like as soon as my screen goes to sleep either by phone time out or by touching the power button the app shuts itself off. When I open the screen and go back to the app it starts tracking again. I would gladly pay for anything that fixes this. Thank You for your time
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
Thanks for your information. As I said it's a little bit difficult to fix this problem without having physical access to your phone. But I'm willing to invest some time in this issue. So I will prepare a special debug version which you can install on your phone. Maybe we will have to repeat this procedure several times.

But first of all please answer following question:
Does the tracker only work if it is in foreground or does it also work if it is in background (i.e. phone screen is on, but some other app is in foreground)? Example: Start the tracker. Afterwards put the tracker to background and open your internet browser (so the browser is in foreground now) and read some website for 5 minutes. Will the tracker send track data during these 5 minutes even if it is in background?

When testing please never use WLAN. Always test with 3G.
rdavis

Post by rdavis »

I think that there was a problem with the phone. I have replaced it. It seems that the exact problem was that it would not connect to the internet with the new 4gLTE system. It seemed to work the other day and I will test it again to make sure. Thank you for your amazing support.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Alright, let me know if there is problem.
rdavis

Post by rdavis »

It seems as if the problem was with the phone. It is working as advertised now. Thank you for your time and effort.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for the information.
rdavis

Post by rdavis »

Thank You