2 viewers but only 1 accepted friend

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
babybull

2 viewers but only 1 accepted friend

Post by babybull »

On my screen I am showing 2 viewers but I only have 1 accepted friend. Can someone explain to me what that means please?
happyplanet

Re: 2 viewers but only 1 accepted friend

Post by happyplanet »

babybull wrote:On my screen I am showing 2 viewers but I only have 1 accepted friend. Can someone explain to me what that means please?
Perhaps someone is watching you from the web interface. Do you have it set in your viewing settings for anyone to watch you? You might want to check those, and establish a password so someone viewing you from the web would have to enter the password to gain access.
babybull

Post by babybull »

Web interface? Where do I find those settings? and how do I change it?
happyplanet

Post by happyplanet »

babybull wrote:Web interface? Where do I find those settings? and how do I change it?
Web interface: http://www.greenalp.com/
If you log into your account there, you can do some powerful things, like turning GPS on and off remotely, as long as the app is running on the phone (and you can set the app up in the settings to automatically launch and start when the phone is rebooted or when the app is closed from the running app shelf).

Settings in the app on your phone: Go to "View Permission" to make changes. If you select "All users" and enter a password (be sure to tap the floppy disk icon at the top to save it), you can give a web link out to anyone and they can track you, but others without the PW can't. NOTICE: The password will be visible, even in the Web address bar of the link to your page if the full link is sent, so don't use your ATM PIN or anything you use anywhere else.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Perfectly explained :-)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you log into your account there, you can do some powerful things, like turning GPS on and off remotely, as long as the app is running on the phone
By the way: If your data connection is enabled on your phone, you can start the service via web portal even if the app is not running.
Cacer

Post by Cacer »

I also notice a viever often.
No matter if i allowed it for nobody, guests or all.
My girlfriend experienses the Same on her Smartphone.
This is draining battery, cause we have gps on viewers only.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
Have you checked your settings in the web portal? Is the permission "View" really set to "nobody"? Otherwise I guess your friend is the viewer when when she launches her tracker (it will automatically query your location).
Cacer

Post by Cacer »

i checked that , but i will make more testings.

we tested that some weeks now and in my opinion it started with rtt2 beta .

when i had that viewer and my girlfriend(sitting next to me) opens the app, i suddenly had 2 viewers.
we will test a little more.
thank you