Web service for external website

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
teuzzo

Web service for external website

Post by teuzzo »

Is it possible to have a web service (e.g. xml) for an external website?
For example i would like to view in my paragliding's website who is flying and where the pilots are in every moment (also for safety reasons).
Mat
admin
Site Admin

Re: Web service for external website

Post by admin »

Sorry, web service is not supported. But I would love to support your paragliding website (paragliding is cool ). Maybe you could embed my page as iframe into your page? There might be some customization necessary but it shouldn't be too much work.
Balonar

Post by Balonar »

Hi guys .. have you managed to do this? I would also liek to have on our site (balonarstvo.com) a map where visitors will be able to see our location when flying with our hot air balloon.

Thank you

P.s. i had TrackR before but was only for Windows Mobile .. it has great feature to implement into own site ...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
this is no problems. I know other balloon sites who do the same. You can embed this for example like this:

<iframe src="http://www.greenalp.com/RealtimeTracker ... user=<Your USERNAME>" width="100%" height="100%"/>
CovertHoax

Post by CovertHoax »

admin wrote:Hi,
this is no problems. I know other balloon sites who do the same. You can embed this for example like this:

<iframe src="http://www.greenalp.com/RealtimeTracker ... user=<Your USERNAME>" width="100%" height="100%"/>
I also wanted to use this kind of idea however I would like to display just the map.

I currently use the iFrame with a link to my map page but is there a way to show just the map in a iFrame?
Maybe a login/register section with it?

I know one solution would be to have a page that has a login/register link at the top of the page and then the map for the username given in the web address bar loaded underneath.

This would mean that I could show guests my map on my webpage and if they want the extra access they can just register or log in using the same iframe box.

Something like <iframe src="http://www.greenalp.com/RealtimeTracker ... user=<Your USERNAME>" width="100%" height="100%"/>

That shows something like this...
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
Thanks for your message. I'm not sure if I have understood your request exactly but I think cannot solve it because this would conflict with my financing strategy. I'm using ads to keep my service free. For this reason I actually prefer if users put a link to their Guest URL on their homepage instead of embedding the map via iframe (in an IFrame my ads might be invisible).

Nevertheless I decided to allow my page to be embedded via IFrame for now but users are required to put a backlink on their homepage. Moreover I do not guarantee that IFrames are allowed in future.

As a compromise I suggest to keep everything as it is for now. Embed the map via IFrame but for full access users need to visit my page.
CTO2012

Post by CTO2012 »

Hi,

First of all, thanks for this awesome service! I've embedded the map on following site:

http://www.carbageteam-ootmarsum.nl/ind ... lg-ons2012

Only the Ads are a bit annoying, because the rest of our site is ad-free. Is there a possibility to embed this map without ads? I'd like to pay for it (I only need it for one month) so please let me know what that will cost to do so.

Again, thanks for the great effort and very nice app you have made up here!

Regards
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
Quite difficult to estimate a reasonable price because it depends on the number of visitors your page will have during this time. But because it's only for one month I don't really care about it. So I suggest 5 Euro and I will remove the ads for your fullscreen guest URL. Is this OK for you?
CTO2012

Post by CTO2012 »

Hi, Sorry for my late response.

5 Euro's is okay. I'd need it on the 1st of July. Is that okay for you?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes should be OK.