app not auto restarting

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
pizzarepublichx

app not auto restarting

Post by pizzarepublichx »

hi, so i have been using this app for a few years. on one phone it is perfect.
2nd phone the app does not restart after reboot of the phone.

now i have a huawei p8 lite and the apps permisiions are set to launch automatically once booted but the phone does not allow anything to be launched until the phones pin is entered?
admin
Site Admin

Re: app not auto restarting

Post by admin »

Hi,
I'm sorry, I have no Huawei phone to test, so I cannot check. Does the app automatically start when you enter the PIN or doesn't it automatically start at all?
pizzarepublichx

Post by pizzarepublichx »

it starts after the pin is entered, these are for a pizza delivery company. i have 2 that are hard wired to vehicles that are on all the time. the ones i am setting up now will be given to drivers at the start of their shift. what phones are best for this with approx 8 hours battery life at updates between 20s apart? ideally on the lower end of the price.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I haven't tested that much phone, but the one that I was extremely satisified, was the Sony Z3 compact. It was extremely reliable and had long battery life. But I'm not sure if it is still available because it is a quite old model now. And it runs Android 4 which is quite old.
ey8mm

Post by ey8mm »

Hi,

I have similar problem. First of all I like application and interface. When I start it manually it works OK till power off. After reboot it doesn't start automatically. I presume it should start and run on the background.

I have Xtrons PX5 Head unit. Internet provided by separate USB dongle with GSM sim.

I selected battery option for full power mode, also in app itself I selected start automatically.

What other settings in Android should I check?

Thank you!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Sorry, I don't know if it's possible with your device. I just give you the advice to check if your device provides an autostart manager app or if there is an autostart option in your android settings. Some manufacturers also provide an autostart manager but don't preinstall it. You have to check if you can download it from Google Play Store.
Max

Post by Max »

Ho installato l'applicazione su due telefoni . Il tracciamento in tempo reale si blocca dopo che il telefono tracciato va in stand by. L'opzione avvio automatico è regolarmente attivata. Come si può risolvere ?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
This is similar to viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4340&p=10713