RealTimeTracking and the forum passwords

Post the activities you already have used Real Time GPS Tracker for and your ideas what it could be used for.
iambic

RealTimeTracking and the forum passwords

Post by iambic »

Hi, I'm a new user and still getting the hang of it but like what I've seen so far. It appears that the RealTimeTracking site login does not automatically log me in to the forum. Correct? Also when I go into Settings/Location update intervals I noticed that the second item is "GPS interval on vistors"; I believe visitors is misspelled ;-)
admin
Site Admin

Re: RealTimeTracking and the forum passwords

Post by admin »

Hi,
Thanks, your spelling hint was very helpful, I will fix it in the next version.

Correct, you need an extra account for the forum. I know, it's not very comfortable, but at the moment the only working solution.
iambic

Post by iambic »

Thanks for clarifying about accounts. I went for a bike ride at lunch and sent url to several friends for guest viewing. I also examined my tracks afterwards. Very nice! Two of my friends are iPhone users and could not visualize very well on the phones with Safari. I suggested to them that it would be best viewed on their deskstop computer. How often does the app send data? Can this be configured in the settings? I have Default GPS interval set at 60 seconds does this mean it uploads data every 60 seconds? I have Network interval set at 300 seconds. Does this setting affect data transfer? I am looking to optimize data and battery usage. Any recommendations?

Excellent app!
Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, in this example the tracker will send the GPS location every 60 seconds, and additionally it will send the network location every 5 minutes. These settings do affect data transfer. The larger the interval the more battery you will save. If your screen is switched off most of the time you will also save battery.
iambic

Post by iambic »

Thanks, Admin! I've played with it a few times and it is very impressive! All my iphone hugging friends want it! I started my ride with a fully charged battery, went for a ride (total elapse time of 1:15) and came back with 92% left on my phone battery; only 36% of battery usage was due to Real Time Tracker. That is less than 3% of my battery usage! I also used less than 2 MB of data for that whole ride.

My girlfriend now wants to clip my phone to her dog to see where he goes during the day.

Excellent! I will give 5 star rating on google play as well as make a donation via your website.

Thanks again!
zohaa

Post by zohaa »

Sorry, wrong section!

BTW: How can i get my friends position? I saw a picture on Google Play where the position was displayed on the orange "box", but I have everything besides this.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It should be there. Do you mean orange box in the browser or in the app?