real time gps tracking and dashboard cam

Post the activities you already have used Real Time GPS Tracker for and your ideas what it could be used for.
ppz

real time gps tracking and dashboard cam

Post by ppz »

Hi everybody,

I purchased a cheap LG Optimus P500h with built-in GPS, Wifi, Bluetooth, running Android 2.2.1

I didn't install any cell phone account on it, that means no phone calls, no data plan I just left the sim inside.

I installed Real Time GPS tracker and made some tests. In fact, without plan, no uploaded datas.
BUT the app keep all datas on the telephone until there is a wifi network around. I set some obvious networks (linksys, default,... even Mc Donald access points) on the telephone, in case of.

I put a tethering app (Hotspot WiFi / WiFi Tether) on my regular cell phone (Nexus One, data plan), in case I need to upload the gps datas.

It works ! The gps tracking is fine and I obtained what I need (paid some money to support the app).

But, wait, I installed a better combo !!

I have in my car a dashcam since months. Ok. But it is possible to merge on my phone the two needs ? So, I installed the cam app (DashCam Pro, 99 cents) to record live views.

But I had a bad feeling about the GPS. In my memories, it's impossible -natively- to run 2 apps at the same time using the same GPS (serial port problems) and I didn't want to purchase a bluetooth GPS... Ok, let's try, apps are made to test them !!

So, I installed both apps, run Real Time GPS Tracker (running in the background) and then run the DashCam app in the foreground... It works perfectly !

I have now a full gps log of my car and a real time dashcam on the same device (always plugged to the power supply).