Send email when tracking started/stopped

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
cpncrunch

Send email when tracking started/stopped

Post by cpncrunch »

I use greenalp when I fly, so that my wife can keep track of where I am. I normally send an email every time I take off and land. It would be very useful if greenalp had an option to automatically email a list of contacts when I start or stop tracking so that I don't have to manually send emails each time.

Also, you should have more features in a paid-for version. I'd be happy to pay up to about $30/year for this app. You should either remove features from the free version, or add features to a paid-for version. The track loading isn't of any interest to me, and I imagine many users, but I would be interested in paying for other features. Perhaps you could also limit how long tracks can be viewed on the website with the free version (perhaps limit to 24 hours unless they have a subscription). Also maybe limit the tracking interval to minimum 10 minutes or something in the free version. Instead of just charging for 1 month or 2 months of track loading, instead you could have a month-to-month subscription for the 'full' version for something like $3/month.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Send email when tracking started/stopped

Post by admin »

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback. I will think about that. Are you aware that you can save message templates and receiver lists? This should help a little bit to minimize the effort to send your messages.

Concerning paid for version: I will continue to provide the basic service for free. But indeed I'm thinking about additional features for paying users. For example you can buy already now the ad-free license of additional friend slots. If you wish other additional features feel free to post them.