Start/stop service without viewing map

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
random_blue

Start/stop service without viewing map

Post by random_blue »

Hi!

I use the app for tracking my cycle tours so my parents can see my location and check I'm ok and also to analyse data at the end of the trip.

I don't use the app to identify my own location as I travel, so the map feature is a bit unnecessary for me. It would be great if there was a way to turn the app on and off without viewing the map as my phone re-downloads the map each time which when roaming adds up fast! Alternatively if the app allowed you to use maps saved on your phone this would also be a great solution too!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Start/stop service without viewing map

Post by admin »

Hi,
a similar feature will be supported in the future.
johnicepick

Post by johnicepick »

I have that option under "Widgets".
Start Stop service without opening the app itself
Dusha

Post by Dusha »

admin wrote:Hi,
a similar feature will be supported in the future.
very much supporting!

Map view only consumes bandwidth and not really usefull from the client perspective.

Toggling service through a widget is an option, however, I use Messaging, so I need to open the app anyway and the Map view is a default one.
Moreover, "Messages" view is missing some of the stats, e.g. SAT connectivity view.

I would rather make a Map view - optional and replace it on the main screen with more technical offline stats - speed, altitude, course, track profile, SATs, etc.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Personally I think that the map does not consume much data if you never scroll it. I guess it caches at least a small portion. Anyways, the new v2 App will support to remove all apps.