Pick who to chose updates from.

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
clegate

Pick who to chose updates from.

Post by clegate »

OK, here is the scenario I was just thinking about. I like to track my wife's progress when she leaves work and on her way home some nights when the weather is not good, so i know where she is at if she gets stuck or has car problems. But when I do that, it also puts strain on the battery of all the other users in my friends list. so I thought of a possible feature to implement. It could be done in one of two or even both ways.

1. When you go to your friends list there could be a check box, so you can stop receiving updates from selected people. (Check mark to receive updates, no check mark to not receive updates). That would save the battery of other users that I am not currently worried about see their position.

2. Currently when you go to your friends list and select Friend #1 the map will automatically track the user and keep it centered on the screen. When you do this, it can automatically turn off updates for the rest of your friends, since you are only looking to track one person at that given time. This could possibly be put in the options screen, or even a popup when you select to center the screen on one of your friends.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Pick who to chose updates from.

Post by admin »

Hi,
Thanks for your input. Actually there is already a similar feature. If you long press on your friends in the friend list you can set them invisible, i.e. the tracker won't show them and won't update their location until you set them visible again. I will think about your idea, maybe there is a way to make the existing feature more comfortable.