Saving track points (along with track loading)

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
jknorst

Saving track points (along with track loading)

Post by jknorst »

I know that disk space is finite but it is annoying to have tracks disappear from view when on a long trip. The maximum is 1000 points, correct?
Would you consider offering a larger number of points saved or display all points in the track loading purchase or as a separate option. I often take long motorcycle trips and it is a pain in the butt to download the daily track, append it to the previous tracks, then re-upload the kml file as an overlay.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Saving track points (along with track loading)

Post by admin »

Hi,
are your viewers using your guest url? You can adapt your guest url to show more than 1000 track points (if you are "Track Loading" user).
jknorst

Post by jknorst »

So, for example, if I go on a 30 day trip I would set maximum hours to 720 (24 hours * 30) days? That's provided I have purchased Track Loading.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You still would have to override the maximum track size (1000 trackpoints). Maybe try this solution: Remove your filter settings and specify maximum track size, start date, and end date of the track you would like to display. Have a look here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=722
jknorst

Post by jknorst »

Those settings are not on the data and maintenance page. Do they appear once track loading is purchased.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

No, it's not a setting in the user interface. You just need to adapt your iframe url as stated in this thread linked in my previous posting. Wouldn't it solve your request?
jknorst

Post by jknorst »

It sounds like it would. I'll start testing it out.

Question though. As a default the website just displays the last 1000 points; How many are actually stored and for how long?

Thanks.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

On the server a delete job runs periodically that deletes all trackpoints which do not belong to the user's 1000 most recent ones. So in fact every trackpoint is saved until there are 1000 younger trackpoints of the same user available.

If a user has "Track Loading" the above rules won't be applied until the privilege expires, i.e. which "Track Loading" is active no trackpoints of this user will be deleted.