Change Username

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
JaredHowland

Change Username

Post by JaredHowland »

Hi,

Is there a way to make it possible for us to change our username but still keep the option to download our kml tracks since we paid for them?

We just have multiple tracking devices going to multiple airplanes and sometimes its hard for the people logging in to track which device is on which plane. We have this app installed on a gps enabled tablet and use a wifi hotspot for signal. I would like to change the username to match the airplane that each tablet is commited too. That way all the managers have to do is enter the user name of the plane they want to track.

Thanks!!!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Change Username

Post by admin »

Sorry, the username cannot be changed by users. If renaming is necessary only one time I could do it for you in database, but not if it is necessary more often.
JaredHowland

Post by JaredHowland »

ok. Lets do it. How do I let you know what usernames I want changed to what?

I could just tell you here... username aerographics needs to be changed to 207 and aerographics1 needs to be changed to 206.

Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Done. You need to reconfigure the account credentials of your trackers otherwise they cannot login anymore. Please also note that these changes have an impact on your guest url.
JaredHowland

Post by JaredHowland »

Awesome thanks! I just created an account with the username being pipermalibu and it's too long. Could I get this one changed to pa46? Then I promise no more changes.

Thanks!
Last edited by JaredHowland on Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

done
JaredHowland

Post by JaredHowland »

Thanks! You're the man!
JaredHowland

Post by JaredHowland »

So how exactly does it change guest URL? We usually just log in with username and password from desktop but couldn't view the tracks. What are the settings we need to change to allow other people to view the track by just logging in to account from desktop? One of our planes is flying tomorrow and we really need it tracked, so hopefully we can get this resolved by then?
Thanks!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

To see the correct guest url use the "send my url" dialog. Video help is available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFRf58gYgfs