ability to see who is tracking you

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
clegate

Re: ability to see who is tracking you

Post by clegate »

I was also thinking of how to implement the feature of who is watching. Think of how Google Hangout works, When you turn on the phone screen (I believe) it changes a status to a green dot. You could implement something to that effect to if the user has the app open, they will be transmitting and receiving data, When the user has the screen on it just sends a "status" of the program being open and on the screen that shows your friends you can just have red / green dots to show if they have the app open or not.
Now when it comes to someone viewing from the URL, you would be mainly SOL. But I thought that maybe in the friends list, you could have another friend that is names "Website viewer" or something like that, and if someone is viewing via the URL it could show a green dot. Now you would not know who is viewing it but you would know basically where the issue is. I see only one issue with this, When viewing from a webpage, is any data sent back to the server? if not then this feature would not work.

I am not a programmer so I am not sure how much effort this would take, I just thought i would toss the idea out there.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

clegate wrote:I believe to have solved my problem (has not happened for awhile). I have the app also installed on my tablet for viewing my other family members, and what was happening is when I excited the app by home button or back button it would run in the background. I solved the issue, by running a macro on my tablet to kill the app when i turned the screen off.
Yes, the service will of course continue to run in the background. If you really want to stop it just push the stop button. Or select "Shutdown" in the menu.
sandtrack

Post by sandtrack »

Hi,

Thanks for your new RTT2 app it really nice! :!: :!:

I would like to reque this request again with the new "RTT2".
I would really like to be able to click on the "Viewer" section to see who is watching me. If its is a friend then the friends name(s) will be visible or a web viewer in case I'm beeing watched from the web site...
I hope this will be possible with the new RTT2.

Thanks!
Cheers!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
There is a chance that something similar will be supported. But can't say for sure right now.