List of new features

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
StainedPupil

List of new features

Post by StainedPupil »

Hi there, first of all, great product.

I'm working for a mobile provider and we are searching for the most complete and cheap GPS tracking tool we can recommand to our customers. Your's seem to be on the top except for a few requested features that I don't think are really hard to implant.

1- GeoFencing : The ability to put "Zones" on the map that would send an alert (via SMS, e-mail or on the web viewer) when a user (friend) enters or leaves the zone

2- Stops report and Intervals : A report on all the stops made by a worker, with the ability to qualify what would be a STOP : Ex: 20 minutes in the same xx feet range = It log as a Stop with location info : send via SMS, e-mail or other way to keep the information (on the site itself)
admin
Site Admin

Re: List of new features

Post by admin »

Hi,
actually both features require a custom solution because they are out of scope. Nevertheless, maybe the free version will support a geo fence feature in the far future.
mvstxusa

Post by mvstxusa »

I'd like to register my vote for a GeoFencing or an alert when friend reaches a certain area or crosses a line.
n101bl

Post by n101bl »

Any news on geo fence feature yet?

Even if in paid version, I would pay for this one.

Thanks!
liquidthex

Post by liquidthex »

I would very much love a GeoFence ability, as well.

I don't think that it is outside of the scope particularly of the fleet tracking capabilities in "Track and Trace"
i.e. what if you could automatically send a TXT to your customer when your driver is out front?

Personally I use Real Time GPS for me and my husband to track each other while carpooling, it makes meeting up in a crowded parking lot much easier.
He takes the train home from work and it is often anywhere from 5-25 minutes late (never on time LOL), instead of judging when to pick him up based on time I judge based on where his train is currently at. it's much more accurate that way.
I would love to just be able to create a small geofence around the train station that sends me an alert when he enters that area, that way I don't have to be constantly checking the map.

Thank you for a great product!!
curro1968

Post by curro1968 »

liquidthex wrote:I would very much love a GeoFence ability, as well.

I don't think that it is outside of the scope particularly of the fleet tracking capabilities in "Track and Trace"
i.e. what if you could automatically send a TXT to your customer when your driver is out front?

Personally I use Real Time GPS for me and my husband to track each other while carpooling, it makes meeting up in a crowded parking lot much easier.
He takes the train home from work and it is often anywhere from 5-25 minutes late (never on time LOL), instead of judging when to pick him up based on time I judge based on where his train is currently at. it's much more accurate that way.
I would love to just be able to create a small geofence around the train station that sends me an alert when he enters that area, that way I don't have to be constantly checking the map.

Thank you for a great product!!

Yes, please, allow us to geofencing. I want to use this app just the same way that liquidthex describes and having an email when your wife (or daughter) is arriving at home is superuseful. Please, please, please, consider to add it in a NEAR future

Thanks in advance and regards from Spain

Curro
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Finally I have good news for you. Geo Fence will be available very shortly (in a few days). However, as I said, this is a business feature, i.e. only paying users can use it.

For now geo fence notifications will be sent via email. I'm wondering if there is a demand for SMS support (but please note that users would have to pay the SMS). So if anyone would like to have SMS support please let me know. Maybe I will find a cheap SMS provider.
Trackr!!!

Post by Trackr!!! »

The absence of geo-fence made me buy another tracker.

It's this one: http://www.queclink.com/GL200

The ability to setup multiple geo-fences and its built-in 3-axis accelerometer made it a better choice for now.

But the UI of Greenalp still kicks ass compared to others!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well, now Greenalp provides Geo-fence too :-)
Trackr!!!

Post by Trackr!!! »

Thank you so much!

We finally have what we missed most!You really made my day!

I will compare the two with each other and will report back.

What I already noticed with the Queclink is that it is unbelievable efficient with it's energy.

After 2 days of tracking (220 km) it still had 89%.With gps interval of 30 seconds.

Will tweak the little Galaxy Y to see how efficient that can be made.

Will charge both of them to 100% and place them at the same time in the same car to see the difference between the two.

But again,thanks for listening to your users!