API/Webservice

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
smbb

API/Webservice

Post by smbb »

First of all... Outstanding app. I've been testing it for a couple of days now on a couple of phones and I love it. Great work.

I did some searches to see if this has been raised before and didn't find any (a little surprised). Have you considered exposing an API or webservice for querying device data (from whatever the server has available)?

My specific personal interest is in being able to querying a device's location (lat/lon) with a timestamp. The other data (speed, elevation, etc) would be a plus. I know that you have a track downloading capability... but looking for a way to programmatically being able to query a devices location.

Thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: API/Webservice

Post by admin »

Hi,
At the moment I'm not planning to expose an api (actually I hope that people will often visit www.greenalp.com). Maybe I will provide a business version including api. This depends on how many people are interested in this and last but not least it depends if the Google Maps licence allows this.
clarebus_technical

Re: API/Webservice

Post by clarebus_technical »

Another vote for this feature. Would be willing to pay per device per month for an add-on to access the co-ordinates of the device via something like Rest/API. Ideally a bit more information such as recent route points etc would also be good but the current location is the main option.

Google Maps license/data is not relevant as we would use the co-ordinates with our own mapping solution.

What about something like that offered by InstaMapper?? - http://www.insta-mapper.com/api-guide/

We prefer your Android app and web service but the lack of an API limits our ability to integrate it with our other back-end systems.