Multiple Devices on One Map

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
EricSpittle

Multiple Devices on One Map

Post by EricSpittle »

Is this a feature that may be implemented at some time, or one that perhaps I am missing? Essentially I am looking into this as a possible Fleet Management resource, but in order for that to be possible I would need to be able to track multiple devices on one map. This is a feature that we would be willing to pay for, either upon initial app download per device, or an ongoing subscription fee, so long as the cost was not unreasonable.

Edit: After spending a little more time reading through the forum it seems that you develop this app mainly in your spare time. I just want to take the time to say thank you, you have created a piece of software that has many of the features of Fleet Management suites that costs thousands of dollars a month. I truly hope you are able to continue to develop this wonderful piece of software and continue to add new features. Here's a small list of what my company would need in order to replace some of our existing systems:

1) Multiple devices on one map
2) Backup of data (I believe, without looking into it, that we need 5 years to maintain compliance with federal laws, but if track data was made available for download this is easily something we could do ourselves)
3) Ability to label the placemarker on the map (ie we own about 200 vehicles, although initially we would like to begin with 2 we would still need a way to tell truck 525 apart from truck 502)
4) Mileage reports (daily, weekly, and monthly mileage per truck)

Again, I realize that you do not do this "professionally" right now, but in the event you wanted to try to turn this app into a career these are some things you may want to think about for a commercial app. To the best of my knowledge none of the major companies that offer fleet tracking offer to do it using android devices and all force you to rent outrageously expensive devices custom made to provide GPS tracking. You currently offer something that nobody else does, and the fact that you do it for free (I'm sure the ad revenue doesn't exactly put food on the table) is something that deserves to be appreciated.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Multiple Devices on One Map

Post by admin »

Hi,
thanks for your message. I would love to provide a professional fleet management app for companies (and earn much money :D ). Unfortunately it is very unrealistic that I will ever do this because of following reason:
I'm using the free Google Maps licence and I have a special agreement with Google allowing me to sell small features like "Track Loading". But if I sold a professional fleet management app to companies I would need to buy the professional Google Maps license. The cheapest starts with 10000 USD. And they can be much more expensive.
jonasboman

Post by jonasboman »

I, for one, would agree on the first feature: Multiple devices on one map.
As a Race director, that feature would fit my need like a glove.

Thanks for doing this, Florian.
If you would need help in taking your website futher, I could assist you.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well, actually you can add up to 5 friends for free so you will see them on the same map. If you need more you can buy additional slots right in the app.
tazy

Post by tazy »

Is there any way to show an avatar for any different user. I use this app to track my biking group and it would be very useful to have their faces shown in the map instead of click on every icon to ask for the user data....!

------------------------------------------------------

Get free demos for 1z0-897 practice exam questions - pass4sure exam and wikipedia exam with 100% guaranteed success. Our best quality Duke University prepares you well before appearing in the Isaca of ISC
Last edited by tazy on Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
Unfortunately this is not possible yet, because you can upload an icon only for your own account (using the web portal). So you could ask your friends to upload an icon.