update intervals on charging

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
kanzaki

Post by kanzaki »

for most people .. they can set it time to higher (or disable gps) coz they in door
for me or anyone else who use in car ... they can set to time to lower coz car is move fast and don't need to warry about battery

gps/charging/viewer/network ... something like this

default value ... may be 3600 or higher (wall charging can't move anyway)

another one useful for this option ... you not gonna get to much zigzag line in map view over your house

and one little thing but i don't think it importent
... update intervals time = 0 = disable
gps . 0 = no normal gps update (maybe save batt at max just use only network position)
viewer . 0 = don't care (use same value is gps)
network . 0 = no network position update (maybe someone don't want super low acc position)
charging . 0 = no gps update on charging (stop moving . stop update from troublesome indoor gps)
but all of this ... if user set to 0 with out think . it maybe bad (or not i'm not sure .. but i still feel like bad think can happen)

ps. sorry for my bad english
admin
Site Admin

Re: update intervals on charging

Post by admin »

Hi,
ok, the key point seems you would like to have to have a special interval for the "charging" mode. I will analyze that if it makes sense and if it is easy to implement.
David44

Post by David44 »

Greetings,
I set a low figure of 5 seconds as the update interval on charging as most of my use is with the tracker in a vehicle. The other settings are higher in order to conserve the phone's battery if I am slow in switching off the app via SMS. However I notice that this 'on charging' function does not work on either of my two phones, one using the original application and the other being Real-Time GPS Tracker 2. I thought they used to work when I originally set up the apps, but this was a long time ago and would hesitate to insist on it. I had cause to check recently when I had severe battery usage after installing a new SIM for the original app, however it turned out that I had not corrected the phone's date and time after replacing the battery and this made all the difference. In fact - with the date out by more than 12 months, the app would not log into the server initially and nothing showed for the remote viewer for about 10 mins at which time all the stored readings would then appear.

My figures for the Tracker 2 are 120/30/5/120/300/immediately/5

Glad if you can advise why neither phone uses the 5 second update on charging, but recognise that there is a viewer.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Currently the in the code the "interval on viewers" has higher priority than "interval on charging". So if somebody is viewing, with your configuration the tracker will set the tracker to 30 seconds instead of 5 seconds. I admit that this does not the best strategy. I guess it is better always to choose the lower value if more than one condition is fulfilled. I will change that in the next version.
David44

Post by David44 »

Greetings,
Many thanks. I will look forward to the change.
Rgds David