CSV File Download (speed, accuracy, baterry, directions))

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
daniellfp

CSV File Download (speed, accuracy, baterry, directions))

Post by daniellfp »

Hi,

First of all I would like to thank you for this app it is great!

Well, I work for a company and my boss wishes to track all the 6 company´s cars. I´m at the IT department and he asked me to find for a solution. So far your solution is the best for us. I tested the app at all, the upload interval and the GPS accuracy. Next test will be to leave the cell phone on for as long as one week without touching it (so far it was on for some hours with no problem!).

Today I tested the track history (I asked for a 24h trial as daniellfp user, thanks!). But I found one problem, I don´t know if you could help me.
When I downloaded the history track (GPX or KML file), there is no information about the speed, the Accurancy, the direction and the battery (all those information you have on web tracking). In special the speed and the Accurancy are very important to me.
I will try to explain why: my boss wish to set some points to be notified by email when some vehicle stops near those points. Other points when some car pass by. I´m a developer and I know how to do this. All I need are the information about accuracy (to avoid a false alarm) and the speed since he wants to determine a minimum and a maximum speed for some places and to be notified when somebody drives faster. All of this I know how to program. But I need those information! The battery would also be a nice information since we could determine any power supply problem.
Since GPX and KML files must obey a known format, my suggestion is to download a XML or CSV file with all those information. And if you could give a link to direct download where I pass some parameters like user, password, initialDateTime and finalDateTime. And my program would download it and make all the analysis my boss wishes. My program would download once an hour. We don´t need real time analysis in this case. Of course that link would only be available to paid users.
I would like to hear from you about those suggestions,
Thank you very much!
admin
Site Admin

Re: CSV File Download (speed, accuracy, baterry, directions)

Post by admin »

Hi,
Thanks for your nice feedback . The GPX and KML file are designed to include all information needed by applications like Google Earth. These applications usually require only time, elevation, and coordinates, they will be able to calculate speed by using the other data.

Battery information from the past is not saved on server. The server holds only the most recent battery in memory. So currently it is not possible to provide battery data from the past.

If you need special adaptions I can create a custom solution for your company against a small fee. I think it is not that much effort to create a CVS containing coordinates, elevation, speed, and accuracy. If you would like the battery information to be included it will be a little bit more effort.
daniellfp

Post by daniellfp »

Sure, it would be great! How much would cost to developt the link to download the coordinates, elevation, speed, and accuracy based on the initialDateTime and finalDateTime with a authentication process?

Suggestion for initial and final dateTime format:
yyyymmddhhmmss
Example: 20120214094500
(For feb/02/2012 at 09h45)

Thanks!
Daniel.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
please contact me via email.