orientate the map

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
simonb38

orientate the map

Post by simonb38 »

Hi Its a great app thanks. The main problem I have especially somewhere I am not familiar with is meeting up with my wife as its difficult to know which way to point the map.

Would it be possible please to have a little cone to show which direction the map is oriented is so its easy to get lined up with the streets and see which way to go to meet up with my wife's marker is showing on the screen. (something similar to the spot and cone positioning on google maps.)

Thanks a lot, Kind Regards Simon.
admin
Site Admin

Re: orientate the map

Post by admin »

Hi,
The map is always oriented towards north.
simonb38

Post by simonb38 »

Hi Thank you for the information.

My main problem is orienting to North in an area I dont know or in the dark when the sun is not around to guide.

As far as I know there is nothing within the ap to show me which way to point the device to face north.

At the moment I have to go to an external compass app then back to grenalp. Have I missed something within the grennalp app that shows me which way the north facing map should be pointed to represent the position on the ground please, or is it a case of continuing to use an external compass.

Thanks Simon.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I see, you would prefer an integrated compass. I'm afraid in the near future it will not be supported, but I will have a look at it. In the meantime, while you are moving you should easily see the direction because the map shows your live track, so just look at the direction of the track.
simonb38

Post by simonb38 »

Hi,
Yes a small integrated compass would be just the job.

Thank you very much for the information this isnt something for the near future, I am very glad you will consider it though.

Thanks once again for a great App and practical advice on using it when I am moving too.

Kind Regards Simon.