Some request

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
villamany

Some request

Post by villamany »

Hello, first congratulations for the application, is tiny and very good.

For me it would be perfect if after you start it automatically do following:
1.-Start a new track (erasing the previous one of the map).
2.-Send a personalized message with the map link (mail / facebook / sms ...)
3.-Start another application predefined by us and goto background.

My intention with this is when I go to fly (on paramotor), click only on the application icon for start it and automatically send a link to my facebook wall with my real time position link and start the application that I use for flight navigation.

thank you very much for your time...
admin
Site Admin

Re: Some request

Post by admin »

Hi,
Thanks for your message. Your idea is interesting because it could be useful for other users too. As I will have only very little spare time in next few months I'm afraid I won't be able to fully solve your request in close future. But if I have enough time I will try to solve your request at least partially. Showing a new auto track might be possible. Sending a personal message might be possible as well. However, I have no Facebook account, i.e. I'm a Facebook dummy. Therefore I'm not sure if I'm able to support Facebook. Don't expect too much here. Which app do you want to be started automatically?
villamany

Post by villamany »

Thanks for reply. I use Twonav application (is a GPS outdoor application).
villamany

Post by villamany »

I checked facebook and it has a method to publish text. is necessary to send an email to an address-mail. But the publication text must be on the email title.
The problem is that GPSTracker sends a predefined title and can not be changed.
If you add that option also would be interesting to remember title, email address and email message (currently only the message is memorized). Thanks!!!
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks for your input. I will think about how to use this service. But I don't want to completely remove the predefined text. I'm a little bit afraid that otherwise the email service could be used by spammers.
villamany

Post by villamany »

Thanks!! Of course, only append text to title is needled. ie: "Im flying, trackme here: www...