Refresh map when user moves a lot

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
peter_mcc

Refresh map when user moves a lot

Post by peter_mcc »

hi

Great program!

One thing I've found is that sometimes the Android map becomes a bit misleading. The situation is something like:
- my wife is at work
- I see where she is, map centres on her work
- I do something else on my phone for a while (eg 1hr)
- she leaves work to drive home
- when I come back to the App the pop-up on the map shows her still in the middle of the map but there is no position marker. The position data says there is current data available (eg 1 min old).
- If I select her from the list of friends again it recentres the map on her new location

The problem is that until I reselect her from my list of friends it shows her information on the map at work, not where she is.

In my case there is only one person showing on the map.

I think it should re-centre the map on her current location if I come back to the app after a while. The current method doesn't make It obvious that she has moved - I have to notice the small red marker is missing (while still being able to see the large info box).

thanks
Peter
admin
Site Admin

Re: Refresh map when user moves a lot

Post by admin »

Hi Peter,
Thanks for your feedback. I'm aware of this problem, unfortunately so far I could not find a way to solve it because it seems to be a bug in the map library itself (which is provided by Google). If the location changes the app requests the map to move the bubble to the new location. Unfortunately in certain situations it does not work. So at the moment there is nothing what I can do but nevertheless I will check again if there is anything I could change ony my side.
peter_mcc

Re: Refresh map when user moves a lot

Post by peter_mcc »

Thanks!!