Issues with SMS Tracking and Geo Fence

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Issues with SMS Tracking and Geo Fence

Post by admin »

Hi,
Now it really starts to get confusing. Indeed it seems there is a very big misunderstanding. You are talking about two phones and a third thing (do you mean a electric generator?), which you are mentioning for the first time and which you call "tracker". Obviously a generator is nothing which runs Android and where the Greenalp tracker could be installed. The problem is, you cannot use the Greenalp software to locate things like this. You can locate only devices which are running the Greenalp app, because it's the app which activively sends the location coordinates to the Greenalp server. If no app is installed on the tracked device, no coordinates will be sent to the server. So the Greenalp server cannot know the location of the tracked device.

You mentioned:
I'd simply use one of the many free apps that track smart phones within a few inches/feet of accuracy. I mention this bc I noticed you mentioned tracking a phone in your response.
But this is exactly what this software is - it's a free app (with some non-free optional add-ons) which you can use to locate your friends (actual their phone) or your own phone. But it works only if the tracked phone is running the Greenalp app too. If you expected something different we have a big misunderstanding. No app in the Google Play Store can track a thing which is not a cell phone or something similar.

It is not possible to track a generator with this app, except you have mounted a phone on the generator. I will give you an example: Some people use this tracker to track their car. But this does not mean that they track the car itself. Instead they buy a phone, install and start the greenalp tracker there, and put the phone into the car. So actually they are not tracking the car, but the phone inside the car (which is of course at the same location).

To summarize: You can track only devices which are connected to the Internet, have a GPS, and which are running the Greenalp app.

You mentioned that you send remote command SMS to the tracked device. But if the tracked device is a generator and not a Android phone, I was wondering how you could send a SMS to the generator. If your generator is no phone there is no phone number where you could send the SMS to.

I checked again your configuration. It seems you have two Galaxy Note phones, on both the tracker is installed (when I say "tracker" I mean the Greenalp GPS tracking app). You have configured one phone with sniper1xxxx and the other with sniper2xxxx. This means, one phone is sniper1xxxx and the other phone is sniper2xxxx. So if you watch the map, it will show the location of those two users. In other words, the map shows the location of those two phones. Maybe this explains why you think the locations are wrong. You expected to see the location of the generator, but in fact you are seeing the location of your phones, because the trackers are installed on your phones. And I think the displayed location of your phones is correct.

So I'm afraid this software cannot help in this case. If you cannot call your employee maybe the only solution is to go to police.