Orange text screen to another place

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
janskis

Orange text screen to another place

Post by janskis »

Hello,

Would you move the info box to a corner on the map, so that it would not blind part of the map? Info textbox is sometimes a problem for example if the phone is moving fast to South East.

I use the ohone inside an rc plane and what would be perfect for me is that near the phone's location were just 2 lines on text about speed (km/h), altitude (m). Rest of the info would be located on a corner of the map.

A whole new application could be programmed for rc flyers! Location on Google Map, speed, altitude, variometer, and these thing trackable live on laptop!

Thanx!

Janne
admin
Site Admin

Re: Orange text screen to another place

Post by admin »

Hi,
I'm afraid I cannot solve this request right now. Moving the info box to a corner would be easy if there was only one user on the map displayed. But many users track several users at the same time. What is the exact problem if phone is moving to South East? Is the screen too small?
janskis

Post by janskis »

I'm driving an RC airplane based on the information of GPS Tracker. Android phone is inside the plane and I watch a laptop. I know your solution is not done for this purpose in mind, but it actually is the closest one, that I could find on the Market. Your app gives location, speed and altitude. So my plane flies 35 km/h, and the text box sometimes blinds the map at the direction of flight. Just wanted to ask a minor modification into your progam. I understand that your app is designed for another purpose in mind.

If someone is interested, this is a totally undiscovered field of Android programs. Namely to put an Android into a plane or helicopter. And then it could do a thing or two with camera, gps and global wireless internet.

There is a couple of million RC helicopters and planes in the world, and inside of those an Android phone would do a lot of things. Just ask me for ideas what Android+laptop would be needed doing if some one is interested in selling an app on the Market.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,

Your requests are very welcome. Unfortunately I could not find an easy solution for moving the box to another place so far. But maybe I will find a way to solve your alternative request (making the box smaller). I will let you know about the result.
janskis

Post by janskis »

Another solution might be to make the text box more transparent.

For aviation purposes info about the rate of climb and descent (m/s) would also be valuable. However other users may not find this useful at all. Would it be an unthinkable project to publish another version of GPS Tracker for RC flyers? This would be cool and wouldn't require extensive modification.

Another thing is that the text box shows speed and altitude both imperial/metric units and I can't find a way to change it to just metric. However in Android this can be chosen, but it doesn't seem to affect to the text box on laptop screen.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Solution for hiding fields is almost finished. I hope this is a acceptable solution for you. Yes, in web both metric and imperial units are displayed because there might be several viewers from different countries who all track the same friend.
janskis

Post by janskis »

Could viewer change the imperal/metric setting in web? I guess viewer thinks only in imperal or metric, not depending on the person who he/she is viewing?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

At the moment viewers cannot change this display. Maybe I will support that. But better display too many units than too few .

Good news for you. Check the new icon in the orange box. I hope it will help you at least a little.
janskis

Post by janskis »

Thanx! Now it's better.

Is it difficult to include text-box-transparency-x% into settings?

Flying is quite intensive thing. So seeing right figures quick is appreciated (imperial/metric).

But thanks anyway for this program:) It's the best I've found.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
you can configure the transparancy now.