Compass with azimuth

Use this forum to discuss your feature requests.
yelloo

Compass with azimuth

Post by yelloo »

Hi, this is a great app. Me and many others from the FPV community will use it for RC planes as a tracker of a lost plane and current position display.

But also it would be great to see a compass view with an azimuth. Would be awesome if I could change one map view to a compass with an arrow and azimuth of a selected device, could it be possible?

Using this feature with a directional antenna for RC control would nail it! It would show me where my airplane is and where I should point the antenna in real time. This would also help other people to navigate to some other app user.

Example

Cheers
Adam
admin
Site Admin

Re: Compass with azimuth

Post by admin »

Hi,
Basically that's a good idea but I think it would be quite an effort. Will you use it during flight (position will change permanently) or only for finding lost planes (when position won't change anymore). Would it make sense to export the location to a 3rd party compass application (maybe GPS status)?

Regards,
Florian
yelloo

Re: Compass with azimuth

Post by yelloo »

Hey,
well in fact exporting static location (finding a lost plane) isn't a problem. As I remember it is already possible from the app to open gps coordinants by 3rd party applications and from there it can for example navigate by an arrow showing azimuth.

However what I was looking for is showing compass direction in real time as the plane moves in the air, so yeah I quess it would be quite an effort unfortunately. I have already found an app that does just that, but its so buggy and crashes as hell (it's called "GPS, find me!") and it is useless.

So I was hoping it could be implemented in the rock solid Real Time Tracker, would be a very cool and usefull feature showing distance and direction to a friend or a device in my case. I think this is also a very natural and quick way of trying to find someone/something, more than a point on a map.

Cheers,
Adam