Announcing new app: RTT2

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Announcing new app: RT2

Post by admin »

pinoybear wrote:I wouldn't mind seeing a "reset to defaults" option because I have a bad habit of messing around with the timers/intervals.
Definitely makes sense. So far I was too lazy :D but maybe I will find some time for that too.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jknorst wrote:
I've had problems, messed up comments, when i put them after.
Can you reproduce it? If there is a problem I will fix it immediately.
jknorst wrote:
&startdate and &enddate not showing in email nor are they retained for the next time I send the url.
This time i'm sure i tyoed them in correctly.
Can you try the new version. It works on my phone.
jknorst wrote:
Hw does one get rid of the maps that were added using the add map"feature?
Push the button in the bottom left corner of the map and select "Remove this map".
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

lex75 wrote:Hey there!

Would be great if the .apk could be updated whit Dutch, so i can see context of translation and refine here and there.

Thx
Many thanks for translating! It's available now.

As already mentioned I'm will to grant some free privileges to translaters (small smybolic gesture). Just let me know in case you are interested.
lex75

Post by lex75 »

Heyla!!

:) Great, thx for update and offering of the symbolic gesture!! I cant turn that down offcourse ;)
It works fine for me here!
Dusha

Post by Dusha »

admin wrote:Hi,
To make the translation portal compatible with all languages I had to add further translation strings for using correct plurals. For example, in English it 0 hours, or 2 hours, 3 hours, etc. (an 's' is appended), but it's "1 hour" (without 's'). So there are 2 different cases. In other languages there more different cases. So I added for all affected string an entry for "zero", "one", "two", "few", "many", and "other". In many languages this will be redundant. For example in English correct translation is following:

zero %1$d hours
one %1$d hour
two %1$d hours
few %1$d hours
many %1$d hours
other %1$d hours

I have added instructions for translators in the discussion section of the translation portal.
:)
Well, if you really want to continue in this direction (are you sure) I could say that Russian is even more "complicated" in that respect. ;)
We have different endings for:
x0=11-14=x5-x9 where x=0 or 2+ (zero,many)
x1 where x=0 or 2+ (one, few, many)
x2-x4 where x=0 or 2+ (two, few, many)

However, I'm not really shure that we have to continue in that direction as other languages might have other options as well.
Maybe it will be better to use universal abridgements instead (or simply leave everything as is)
e.g.
meters = m
minutes = min
hours = h
seconds = sec

still not available for all (like for days and miles there are no standard abridgements is some languages)

P.S. I have already noticed and translated a few totally new strings re new server/network update options in RTT2 ;) THANKS for making this happening
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

lex75 wrote:Heyla!!

:) Great, thx for update and offering of the symbolic gesture!! I cant turn that down offcourse ;)
It works fine for me here!
ok, granted ad-free and trackloading for one year :-)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

It's true that not all languages work that way. But that's exactly how Android language support works. It supports distinction by zero, one, two, few, many, other. When integrating the Russian translation file my development environment printed a warning that the translation for the "few" cases are missing. So I decided to add all variants supported by Android. If in some languages there is no difference between translations for e.g. "few" and "many" the translator just can add the same translation twice.

More information about this topic is available here: http://developer.android.com/guide/topi ... ml#Plurals
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

jh1354 wrote:Hi,
I love the split screen and its been very easy to use thanks so much. I was wondering if the split screen could be used on the web also? :D
I'm afraid not at the moment. It might be possible but it would be quite an effort.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

P.S. I have already noticed and translated a few totally new strings re new server/network update options in RTT2 ;) THANKS for making this happening
Just uploaded a new version which supports the new server update interval feature (experimental). Feel free to try. :-)
lex75

Post by lex75 »

:D THX, very kind!