deep sleep problem

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
doguhr

deep sleep problem

Post by doguhr »

Hello together,
I have major problem with my Samsung J5 2017. After about 60 minutes of active tracking the phone seems to enter sleep mode and tracking update will be stopped. Once I activate the display the tracking continued as normal. While the phone is in sleep mode the icon in the real time tracker app shows a Zzzzzz and the information that the phone is sleeping.
How can I prevent the phone falling in sleep mode? App setting was already changed to "never deep sleep", however no change.

many thanks
admin
Site Admin

Re: deep sleep problem

Post by admin »

This problem is caused by a new Android feature called "doze mode". It was introduced by Google to save battery when the phone is idle. The bad news is that it cannot be completely disabled.
If you don't want the phone to enter doze mode at all, either someone would have to switch on the screen from time to time or plug in a charger, because the phone doesn't enter doze mode while it is charging.

Once the phone is in doze mode, you might be able to update location if you send a remote command.