OPen Street Map

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
JOHN_T_65202

OPen Street Map

Post by JOHN_T_65202 »

Hi, just wondering if you are still working on the Open Street Map integration or are you finished? The reason I ask is, if you Zoom in, it takes a long time to reload. Thanks for a Great service.
admin
Site Admin

Re: OPen Street Map

Post by admin »

Hello,
Actually there is no working on the basic service of Open Street Maps. Zooming works fine for me. Please try again, maybe the Open Street Maps servers were under heavy load the last time you tried.
jpeezy247

Post by jpeezy247 »

the same thing happens for us as well. it's pretty often that large squares of the OpenStreet maps do not load when zooming in.

anyone else having this issue?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hm, this problem does not occur on my side. Maybe it depends on time when the map is used.
jpeezy247

Post by jpeezy247 »

Are you planning to introduce any paid model for using the Google Maps. We'd happily pay for the service. :-)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The problem is Google charges per request. But it is impossible to know how many viewers will track a user and how often they will scroll around on Google Maps. It would be definitively much too expensive. Therefore Google is no choice at the moment :-(.
mnkshuttle

Post by mnkshuttle »

would there not be a way that we give you our own api key for a custom url with a &key=YOUR_API_KEY

https://www.greenalp.com/realtimetracke ... googlepaid
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I'm afraid that's not a allowed because Google might think I would like to abuse their system. They offer a free contingent per account. If there were 10 accounts for the same account, there would be 10 free contingents for the same domain. I guess that's not what they want. See more here:
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/131 ... ame-server

I will think about if there is a way to provide Google in the future again. More information here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4003