No location sent from phone

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
dweezle

No location sent from phone

Post by dweezle »

I installed the app yesterday. My phone immediately saw my postion correctly. I drove on a 14 mile trip to town and the phone showed my progress on the map. The phone continues to say that the location was not sent. In an open field with 10 satellites recognized, the phone still does not transmit my location. What am I missing?
admin
Site Admin

Re: No location sent from phone

Post by admin »

Hello dweezle,

Please see the attached screenshot and check the upper field of the two fields marked red. Which accuracy is displayed? Is it displayed in red or white font?

superfish74

Post by superfish74 »

i am also having the same issue as dweezle.

when i looked to see what accuracy is displayed, i don't even see 'Acc: xxxx' it just says the speed in that section of the screen. and where you have 'last transmission: ##:##:##' it just says something about making sure i have a clear view of the sky (but i'm outside).
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
This indicates that there is a GPS reception problem. Could you please use a different GPS app for testing (e.g. "GPS Status")? As soon as "GPS Status" displays your exact GPS position start again the real time tracker and check if the problem is still there.
superfish74

Post by superfish74 »

so i downloaded and ran your suggested 'gps status' app and it found my location. i then started the tracker and ended up changing the accuracy from sufficient to poor. it finally transmitted my location to the website! i guess the accuracy was the issue all along? either way, it's working now
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes seems so. Note if the accuracy is displayed white everything is ok. If it is displayed red the accuracy is worse than your configured filter. The location won't be sent to the server in this case.