Track Data TTL

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
jknorst

Track Data TTL

Post by jknorst »

How long will my track data be available once it has been recorded?
Any difference if I buy Track Loading.

The reason I ask is that I want to ride a Saddle Sore 1000 motorcycle ride (1000 miles in 24 hours) but it will take the Iron Butt Association a couple of months to verify the data I send to them. The GPS tracks from this site being a part of that data.

Thanks,
Jack Knorst
admin
Site Admin

Re: Track Data TTL

Post by admin »

Hello,
Sorry for the late reply. The latest 1000 location updates are always available. For longer tracks I recommend to activate "Track Loading" because while this option is active no track will be deleted. If the track is important for you, you need to download it before the "Track Loading" option expires, because if Track Loading becomes inactive the track will be deleted.
jknorst

Post by jknorst »

Hi, Does the download file contain a date and time stamp and also speed data at any point in the track ?

Thanks,
Jack
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
It depends on the download format. KML and GPS Files contain coordinates, the recording timestamp of each coordinate, and elevation. Speed data is not included, but some tools might be able to show average speed using the other information provided. If you want to see the original speed data recorded by your device, you can choose "CSV" as download format.