View tracks and kml

Please post your questions/comments here. You are also very welcome to support other users if you think you can help them.
3018c

View tracks and kml

Post by 3018c »

What is the procedure for viewing my track and a friend's track and see a kml overlay on both devices?
I have app on both devices.
Friend has been setup on both devices.
.kml owvrlay is important to both as well as tracks.

N3018C
3018c

Re: View tracks and kml

Post by 3018c »

I tried this I found in an earlier post, but it does not work for me.

Yes, it is possible. Remove the part "viewuser=yourusername" from your URL and append "viewuser[]=username1&viewuser[]=username2" instead.

I entered it like this:
http://www.greenalp.com/RealtimeTracker ... r[]=#1crew

RI can see both on the map when I sign in to the two accounts but my friend and i need to see the tracks and overlays.

Got to be a solution.......

N3018c
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
It should work if you use the correct guest url. But it should also work if you add each other as "friend". What is the problem?
3018c

Post by 3018c »

It tells me incorrect URL - check spelling
It tells me type in guest password. There is no password in the settings.

I know it's a little issue and I can't figure it out. Please help

N3018c
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

heinz_w

Post by heinz_w »

Hi,
have now 2 problems:
1. After changing the guest password no further login for guests is possible
2. Have added 2 users but only the last one (not me) is displayed
<iframe src="//www.greenalp.com/RealTimeTracker/index. ... er[]=user2" width="1024" height="768">
3. Is there a maximum file size or track length for the 2 kml files to be displayed in the web browser?
Thanks in advance for your answer!
Regards
Heinz
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hello,
Does the problem occur only in the iframe or also when you enter the url into the address bar? For the iframe all users must be unlocked.

The KML feature id provided by Google. I have no information about file size limits. I guess there is one but I assume it is quite high.
heinz_w

Post by heinz_w »

Hi!
Problem with not effecting changing the password occurs only in iframe! The links offered in this section are working using a normal browser.
After using these links for testing in the browser suddenly the iframe worked too.
Now once more changed the pw and the same issue occurs.

Overlay: Did not find the final restriction for overlays in Google, but there seems to be a limitation at round about 5000 tracking points and a length of 350Km per overlay track. How these two things depend from each other I could not solve. More tracking points are possible, when the track length becomes shorter.

EDIT: Problem solved. Because I'm displaying two users the guest password for both must be identical
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your feedback. Your are right about the guest password. If you show more than one user on the map all of them must have the same guest password because you can enter only on password on the page.