A better program for tracking if you don't want to share

Post your favorite android apps here
AnnM

A better program for tracking if you don't want to share

Post by AnnM »

I have discovered an app called Fitly which tracks everything I do and everywhere I go when I'm outside, and which has somehow managed to figure out a way of KNOWING whether I am inside or not, so that unless I am outside it does not use gps at all, and as it does not send the data anywhere the data use is minimal. It is quite amazing. I am hoping its management of gps will override this app's, so that I don't have to worry about turning it on and off - Fitly will do that for me.

I tried another gps tracker and it used twice as much data as the next biggest program and would have eaten up my data allowance well before the month ran out. I am hoping this tracker will do better. All I want it for is for my husband to be able to find out where I am if he needs to, and vice versa. Don't care about tracks or history - only present location. If this doesn't work we'll have to move to a find-my-phone app, but those can be cumbersome to set up and operate.l
katchoo

Re: A better program for tracking if you don't want to share

Post by katchoo »

I tried it, but it doesn't have any web interface, so you can't track anyone or yourself.
All the data, charts, maps, etc are only accessible on the phone.