Tracking pets??

Post your favorite android apps here
MRNATEGEEK

Tracking pets??

Post by MRNATEGEEK »

Well, I don't know what forum this topic goes. But just a second ago as I was tracking my mom and clicked a feature from the navbar, I see pets can be tracked as well. May I ask how is that possible like I cannot put my old phone on the vehicle that my moms uses because its not activated (Requires wifi to function).
admin
Site Admin

Re: Tracking pets??

Post by admin »

Well, there are some people who buy a cheap phone and put it for example on their dog. If this phone has installed the Greenalp tracker they can track their dog.
MRNATEGEEK

Post by MRNATEGEEK »

Well, I was thinking there was a device for this. Because if you think about it, there are people that tries to rob. For a example, I currently in a city where people is most likely to rob. About using a phone as a tracker for the pet, I wonder how long the battery will last and how good of coverage. For a example, I see at least 20% of battery drained while using the tracker as I seen when I track my mom sometimes.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, you are right, for such cases it's better to have a special device for this. Initially this was requested by someone who has a big farm in Australia, and I thought "Why not?". So I would say, is possible to use this app for pet tracking, but it wouldn't make always sense :-)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
Any Android device with GPS and mobile Internet should work.